From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a SC-2042-RTD Board and the temperature reading I get are approxiximately 7 degrees high. Every thing is connected as specified in the manual. We are using a 3 wire RTD configuratuion.

I have a SC-2042-RTD Board and the temperature readings I get are approxiximately 7 degrees high. Every thing is connected as specified in the manual. We are using a 3 wire RTD configuratuion. The current excitation is set at 1mA but is actually 1.0035 mA from the board. The Daq card I am using is a DaqCard-A
I16XE-50.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,685 Views)
Two quick things to check are: make sure the sensor does not exceed a max resistance of 8.5k ohms and do not leave any current excitation sources unloaded.

Also, check out chapter five of the SC-2042 user manaul (attached) about how to calibrate the device. This may help get rid of the bad readings.

Brian
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,685 Views)
Thanks. The RTD's I am using are only around 100 ohms, and all the excitation sources are loaded. I will try the recalibration.
Jason
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,685 Views)