Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to trouble shoot a SCC1 card?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,820 Views)
Hi sunlight moonlight,

Could you be more specific as to exactly which SCC module you are using? Also, what kind of problems are you having with the modules?

What are you trying to measure?
What are you getting?
What are you expecting as your result?

By answering these questions, I will be able to give you a more complete answer.
S_Hong
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,805 Views)

The card is a SC-2345. I am using two SCC-CI20 modules in J1and J2 reading 4-20mA only using terminals 3 &4 on each SCC-CI20 module. I need to test the signal that the SCC-CI20 is seeing and also determine which channel (aio or ai1) is being used.  Thank You.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,802 Views)

Hi sunlight moonlight,

Since the SC-2345 is simply a connector block, you will need to connect this up to a DAQ board. One way of troubleshooting the device would be to create a current measurement task in your Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX). To create a task in MAX, you can right clicking on data-neighborhood and select Create New.... From there you can follow the wizard to choose a current measurement task and select your SCC-CI20 module ai0 as your input channel (this will correspond to terminals 3-4 according to page 4 of the SCC-CI20 manual). Once that is done, you can simply click on the Run button on top of the window and start reading measurements and verify that you are indeed reading in proper values.

How Do the Module Slots on the SC-2345 Map to the Channels on the DAQ Cards?

I hope this helps,

S_Hong
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,784 Views)