From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to release 8 channels occupied by SCXI-1125?

Hi,

We just bought a SCXI-1125 for data acquisition with PCI-6251 card. However, although PCI-6251 has 16 AI channels, they are all occupied by SCXI-1125 for 8 MCH+ and 8 MCH- as the differential mode. Could it be possible to make SCXI-1125 run as NRSE mode and release those 8 MCH- channels for my DAQ card to connect to other signal sources? Thanks.

Claude.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,119 Views)
Dear ClaudeWang,

Thanks for you question and it is not possible to modify the input configuration of the connection between the SCXI-1125 and the PCI-6251.
That means that the 16 inputs of the device are used for the communication. This is explained in the SCXI-1125 User Manual and Specifications on page D-2

Can I use the unused analog input channels of the DAQ device if I am directly cabled to the SCXI-1125?
It depends. The SCXI-1125 always outputs channels 1 through 7 to the rear signal connector to permit parallel mode scanning. If you are using a
16-channel (8 differential inputs) DAQ device, all DAQ channels are unusable for general-purpose analog input. If you have a module in your
chassis that does not have parallel mode, connect the DAQ device to it and use a breakout connector to connect to the unused channels on the DAQ
device. If you are directly connected to a higher input channel device, such as a 64-channel (32 differential inputs) DAQ device, only the lower eight
differential inputs are unusable.

Best regards
Nick_CH

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,109 Views)
OK, Thanks for your reply. 🙂

Best,

Claude.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,105 Views)