From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect a PT101-xxxx-xxx-1110 celesco wirepot to a SCXI-1520 module

I am trying to connect a Celesco PT101-xxxx-xxx-1110 cable extension transducer or wirepot to a SCXI-1520 module using the SCXI-1314 terminal block.

I have try two approaches:

1) I connect the red wire (excitation +) and black wire (excitation -) to the P+ and P- terminals respectively. I also connect the green wire (output +) and the white wire (output -) to the S+ and S- terminals respectively. Following I configure in MAX a DAQmx Task using voltage with excitation and set it up to be feed with 10 volts and input range voltage from -10V to 10V.  The reading coming back when I pull the string varies from some voltage to a number (10.57V mostly) when the strings is halfway the maximum elongation and then stays constant until I pull the wire to its maximum length. This happens when setting up the bridge type as fullbridge or none.

2) The second option was trying to use a quarter bridge type I and use the completion resistor (350ohms) provided in the 1314 terminal block. With this setup I get no change in the reading at all. I may be doing the quarter bridge wiring wrong.

Please if any can help figuring out this connection I will really appreciate it. The specification of the wirepots is in this website

www.celesco.com/_datasheets/pt101.pdf 

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(7,643 Views)

Try not connecting the white out- wire. You should be using the half-bridge mode, the out- is completed internally.

Good luck,

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(7,637 Views)