Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I scan the excitation voltage for a SCXI-1520 from Measurement Studio?

I am trying to scan the excitation channels for the SCXI-1520 from Measurement Studio 7.0. When I try to do this an error reading:

Excitation Property must be the same for related physical channels

I am setting up the strain signal as a voltage channel with excitation and the excitation as a regular voltage channel. The excitation is first in the scan list and the strain signal is second.

Attatched at the bottom is my configuration routine.

The 1520 is in an SCXI-1001 chassis along with 1 SCXI-1140 and 2 SCXI-1125. The SCXI-1520 has the 1314 terminal block and the 1125's have the 1313 terminal block. The 1140 is feed from the back plane of one of the 1125's.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,081 Views)
If you plan to scan the excitation channels the same task as the voltage channels for those same channels, then you must explicitly set the excitation value property for the excitation channel so that it is the same as the excitation value that you set for the custom voltage with excitation channel. If you do this, then they will be able to share the same task. The function that you need to use is "DAQmxSetAIExcitVal()".

Logan
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,078 Views)

Message Edited by Logan K on 07-29-2005 06:05 PM

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,080 Views)
Is the order that I read the channels in going to affect the scaling that is applied to the channels?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,064 Views)
Hello Chris,

In DAQmx, each channel in a task can have it's own custom scale, so I don't think that the order in which you read the channel is going to affect how the scaling is applied.
Eric
DE For Life!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,054 Views)