Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I compensate the offset in temperature reading when using a SCXI1100 module with a vustual channel

I have a SCXI 1001 chassis with 3 SCXI 1100 modules with a SCXI 1303 extension each. The first module, which is controlling the chassis (through the setting in the MAS) gives acceptable temeperature figures but the other 2 modules do not. I am reading 96 thermocouples - 32 on each SCXI 1100. Why do I have these bad readings (Offset of 7 degrees ). What can be done to solve this problem?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,539 Views)
Malti,

Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX) loads calibration constants from SCXI modules for use with virtual channels. However, the SCXI-1100 module does not have an EEPROM, so MAX is unable to load any calibration constants for it. This leads to the offset that you see in readings with your virtual channel.

In order to compensate for any offsets, you can use the SCXI-1100 Thermocouple.vi example, which uses the calgnd channel(for compensation).

Good luck with your application!
Message 2 of 3
(4,539 Views)
Also, check your channel's CJC source with MAX. The setting(User supplied, User Value or Built-in) can have effect on the accuracy of your readings.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,539 Views)