Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i control a slider with a button.

Is it possible to control a slider with a button? It works like a automatic sliding gate. Is it possible? Where when you open the gate, it will slide slowly.. And can anyone help me with this..
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,417 Views)

Hi EzaL,

Let me see if I understand it correctly.  You have two controls on the front panel: one is a slider, and the other is a button.  If the button (gate?) is pressed, the slider slowly changes value (down).  Is this correct?

If so, you can use property nodes and a timer to do this.  Create a property node for the slider with two elements: disable and value.  See the attached vi as a possible solution.

Hope this helps

Darrel

Message Edited by Agile on 05-31-2009 01:24 PM
Message 2 of 5
(6,301 Views)

Agile has supplied a great answer, with code. I doesn't get any better than that.

I wish one-hit-wonders would at least check back in and say Thanks when help is offered.

Richard

Message 3 of 5
(6,272 Views)

Broken Arrow wrote:

Agile has supplied a great answer, with code. I doesn't get any better than that.

I wish one-hit-wonders would at least check back in and say Thanks when help is offered.

Thanks!  I and understand why the original poster hasn't replied.  It's been six weeks and no one answered him.  *sigh* At least it's there for the greater community.  If someone ever does a search on slider control, they may find this. 

Kudos!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,260 Views)

Agile wrote: 

... been six weeks and no one answered him... 

True, he probably gave up or hasn't checked his email, so to him (her?) I'm sorry for jumping the gun, but I have seen too many of these members that log in once or twice and get good answers and don't check back in. It erks me. You make a good point though, that the thread has a wider purpose than that of helping the originator.

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,256 Views)