Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating signals according to existing signals

Hi,

I don't know if this topic belongs here or not, anyways...

I am trying to generate an injection signal and an ignition one according to a TDC signal (in simulation, no hardware used), which means the two will happen after the rise edge of the TDC signal.  I have created my TDC signal, but do not know how to proceed since I just started learning LabView.  

I have attached three screen shots: two for the block diagram and front panel, and another for my ideal goal (single shot, but I would like to generate continuous signals).

Please do NOT ask me to go thru 3hr or 6hr tutorials or so.  I ALREADY did but still don't know how.

Thank you very much for any suggestion!!!

P.S. Please ignore the CAD signal part and its graph.  They are for other purposes.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,823 Views)

Bobbylee, 

I am not sure I understand fully what you are trying to accomplish. First off, will you eventually be using hardware or is this for a demo? If you will eventually be using hardware, what hardware would it be? That will dictate what VIs to use to set up the trigger. With some more information, I can help you find a solution.

Katie

Katie Collette
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,796 Views)

Hi Katie,

I only have a USB-6009 so far, and I do not think I will get any other types of DAQ or hardware.  Thank you.

Bobby

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,787 Views)

Bobby, 

Unfortunately, you will not be able to replicate the behavior of a USB-6009 as you cannot simulate it in MAX. In addition, a USB-6009 does not allow for synchronization and all analog outputs are software timed. This means it is up to the operating system as to when to get the information. With a USB device, this could be ms or even seconds depending on what all you are using. That being said, if you do use hardware, you may be able to input the TDL signal as a digital input on the 6009 and use that to trigger the other two AO start task VIs. This will have them start close together (not at the same time), and they will not be synchronized either. 

Katie

Katie Collette
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,769 Views)

Hi Katie,

Is it possible to just set up an all-simulated vi for my purpose?  I do not care the hardware part since there is no way I could get anything better than USB6009 and I will not use it either.  I just want to learn how to send out triggers/signals according to an existing one, but I found no tutorials/examples regarding this application.  Thank you very much for the help.

Bobby

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,655 Views)

Bobby, 

You can find information about simulating a device in Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX) here and here.

Here is some additional information on triggers; all of them may not be relevant to what you are looking to do, but you can pick and choose which ones to check out:

Analog Trigger

<link no longer exists>

Waveform Acquisition Using an Analog Start Trigger

Waveform Acquisition with an External Trigger and Pretrigger Scans

In addition, there are examples provided with LabVIEW that show how to use a trigger. You can open the example finder from LabVIEW by going to Help and selecting "Find Examples...". Then, select the search tab and put in triggering or trigger. Those examples should help you get started. 

Happy learning!

Katie

Katie Collette
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,648 Views)