From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fluctuating Voltage Readings form Differential Pressure Sensor

I am getting unexpected fluctuating voltage readings from the differential pressure sensor which is mounted on the Signal Conditioning Board. I have replaced that sensor as well as signal conditioning board and still getting the same voltage readings. I have also replaced analog input cables.

I am using a Pressure calibrator to calibrate inches of water and when I calibrate that sensor to 0, the value will change to a number between -1 and 3 unstable.

What would likely cause this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,314 Views)

Hi Garteaga,

What are the models/numbers of the hardware devices you are using? It would be helpful to know this so we can look at the spec sheets and see they have some insight. 

Also, where are you seeing the unexpected fluctuating voltage? For instance, are you using LabVIEW to read in this data?

Regards,

Andrea W.
ELP Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,217 Views)

Show some images of what you are seeing. Any information that you can provide would be helpful.

What are you using for data acquisition?

What modules do you have?

What are you using for power?

What power sources do you have?

Explain what fluctuating means? That could mean many different things.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,139 Views)

Please post some sampled data (sample rate at least 1kSPS, better more), and at least some 100ms ..

A brief wire schematic.

My uncalibrated crystal ball show ground loops, general EMC problems, .... finally depending on the type of sensor, resolution, media, mounting ... : pressure transducers are accelerometers 😄

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,125 Views)