Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in writing to file.

Hi,

I am trying to write the DAQ data during the execution fo my program into an excel file. The format I want is in columns like, Time interval, Data. However the output that I am getting is put in rows. I am attaching my vi as well as the excel file for ref. 

Can anyone kidly lend me a helping hand. 

Also, I had another doubt. I also want to continously save my position data in the same excel file as the next column. How can I do that? 

Thanks.

Sasi.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,598 Views)

Sasidhar,

Check out this example code on our Developer Zone Community. It shows how to format data into spreadsheet files both horizontally and vertically.

Also, check out the Write to Spreadsheet File VI. It is very useful for writing data to a spreadsheet formatted file. All you have to do is configure your data into an array and then wire that array into the Write to Spreadsheet File VI.

A side note, This Forum Post is in the Signal Conditioning Thread. Though you are wanting to condition the signal you are getting into a particular format for File I/O, this post should really be in the LabVIEW Thread. In this forum Signal Conditioning refers to Hardware and Software conditioning of signals for data acquisition. No worries though!

Thanks!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Ben Sisney
FlexRIO V&V Engineer
National Instruments
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,582 Views)