From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does SCC2345/SG24 Turn DIFF signal To RSE signal?

Dear all,

I'm trying to draw up a wiring schematic for my instrumentation system and want to track strain gauge signals from sensor to DAQ box.

I want to use a SCC SG24 module in J1 of an SCC 2345 carrier and then attach to a USB 6259 M Series DAQ box via a shielded cable.

From the documentation I can see that the SG24 module has 2 differential analogue input signals which wire into screw terminals 3-6.  However, I can't seem to see which DAQ channels they will be routed to and what type of signal they will be.  The SG24 docs say the two signals wil go to channels X and X+8 (I am assuming this would be channels 0 & 😎 but the DAQ docs say that the first diff channel uses AI0 and AI8 so I'm not sure where the second signal has gone!?

Does the SG24 module take the diff analogue inputs and turn them into RSE or NRSE signals for the DAQ box?
If so does the DAQ channel need to be configured as RSE or NRSE rather than DIFF?

I realise this very specific but I don't have any spare AI channels on the DAQ box and have to make sure the system will work exactly as I think!!

Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers

Daniel Easton

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,083 Views)

yes,

i have this problem too..

i was using scc 2345 connect to PCI 6034-E ..

when i connect the probes to J6 (scc AI04) , there are 2 different signal...

from  transformer, 12V ac through the probe go to J6...

i also put the sccAI04 to J8, but there are no signal waveform output in my Labview eventho i test in oscilosscope, the waveform signal is visible..

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,149 Views)