From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clock Rate with 9 thermocouple

Hi,
I am designing a DAQ system with SXCI 1100, Type T Thermocouple, SXCI1303, and labview 7. I want to read temperature from 9 thermocouples, but I consistently got the following error ( error -10805) saying:
" the clock rate is faster than the hardware can support. An attempt to input or output a new data point was made before the hardware could finish
processing the previous data point".
For my programming I used the AI One Point VI. Let me know what may happen or any suggestion about using the SCXI 1100 that come with labview.
thanks
Bim
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,112 Views)
With what are you controlling the SCXI chassis?

Mark
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,112 Views)
Mark,
Please you give me a bit what you mean, since I have been using labview only two months.
Bim
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,112 Views)
Bim,

SCXI refers to (S)ignal (C)onditioning E(x)tensions for (I)nstrumentation. Basically, it's signal conditioning to prepare your signal for digitization by a data acquisition card.

The SCXI alone does not do data acquisition, so you must have some DAQ card of some sort which is "controlling" this SCXI chassis, telling it what scan rate to use, and what to multiplex onto the DAQ card's analog input.

I'm referring to something like an MIO card--a PCI-MIO-16E-10, or similar.

With the File Attachments button below (if you're using the NI website to post this question), you can attach your VI here so I can take a look at it as well.

Mark
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,112 Views)
Greetings,

You should also examine your filter and gain settings. With the SCXI-1100, these limit the sampling rates you can achieve. For example:

4 Hz Filter - 3 S/s Max
10 kHz Filter - 6.6 kS/s Max
Full Bandwidth - 240 kS/s Max (gain up to 100)

SCXI-1100 User Manual

Spencer S.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,112 Views)