From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't configure a SCXI chassis (PXI-1010) with a PXI-8176 and a PXI-6052E.

I have a PXI-1010 chassis with a PXI-8176 running Windows 2000. In the rightmost PXI slot, I have a PXI-6052E. The remaining PXI slots are either empty or have misc. modules in them. I have a SCXI-1520 in the leftmost SCXI slot.

I am trying to get MAX to recognize my SCXI chassis with the SCXI-1520. When I try to add the SCXI chassis in MAX by right-clicking "Devices and Interfaces" or "NI-DAQmx", I leave the communication mode to communicate on the PXI backplane, choose SCXI slot zero, and find that the communication device field is greyed out where I want to choose the PXI-6052E. For some reason,the wizard used to add an SCXI chassis does not see my PXI-6052E pluged in to the leftmost sl
ot. Strangely, MAX does see the PXI-6052E in the "Devices and Interfaces" tree. I verified that the 6052E is working correctly. I also verified that the pxisys.ini file is in the WINNT directory. What is the problem?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,187 Views)
The RH Slot in the 1010 chassis is dedicated (you have no choice) to control the SCXI modules - hence, you do not need to associate a particular DAQ device to control that SCXI chassis. Hence, you will not have the option to choose the DAQ device to communicate with the SCXI modules.
I am sorry, it is not clear to me, does the SCXI module appear as a "device" in MAX? Did you "auto-detect" on the SCXI modules? Have you tried to add the modules manually?
Message 2 of 4
(3,186 Views)
I am first trying to install the SCXI chassis using the SCXI 1520 user manual. I put a PXI-6052E in the right-most PXI slot and the SCXI 1520 in a SCXI slot. On page 1-12 of the SCXI-1520 user manual, it instructs me to power up the chassis, right-click on MAX "devices and interfaces", choose the correct chassis, and click finish. The problem is, after I click finish, a window appears that forces me to choose a DAQ device. The SCXI chassis doesn't configure correctly because the wizard doesn't see the PXI-6052E.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,186 Views)
I found the solution. The PXI-1010 was not configured correctly. Thanks everyone.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,186 Views)