From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use "Getting_Started_with_SCXI-153X" with the NI PXI-1010 ?

I have the NI SCXI-1530 and the NI PXI-1010 and I'm having trouble getting the "Getting_Started_with_SCXI-153X" software to work with this arrangement.  Can these devices use the NI software or will it have to be modified or rewritten for this specific situation?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(4,944 Views)
bhooks,

Can you give me a more detailed explanation regarding what is not working with the Getting_Start_with_SCXI-153X.vi?

What version of the DAQ driver is installed on your computer?

Have you been able to succesfully use your SCXI-1530 in Measurement and Automation?

Lorne Hengst
Application Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(4,931 Views)
Lorne,

The DAQ Driver version is 7.2.
I've never used the SCXI-1530.  It is a completely new product to myself and my team.

The 'Getting_Started_with_SCXI-153X' VI opens fine using Labview 7.1.  When I hit the 'Run' button I get this error: Error-1041 occured at AI Group Config.

What other information do you need to know about my configuration to help you diagnose the problem?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(4,919 Views)
The top of the VI has a statement that reads: 'Please look into the Show VI Info in the Windows menu for instructions on how to use thsi VI.'  I cannot find the instructions.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(4,906 Views)
Hello bhooks,

I would highly reccomend that you avoid using the Getting Started with SCXI 153x VI as it is written in Traditional DAQ.  There is a buch better VI written using DAQmx that can be found in the NI Example Finder.  There are 2 ways to open up the NI Example Finder:

1) On the LabVIEW startup screen select the down arrow next to the "Open" button and select "Examples..."
2) If you have a VI open, go to the Menu Bar and select Help>>Find Examples...

Once the Example Finder is open, click on the Search tab.  Type in "1530" as your keyword and then double-click on "1530" when it appears in the "Double-click keyword(s)" box.  There should be an example in the examples box called "Cont Acq Accel Samples-Int Clk-Analog Start-SCXI 153x.vi".  Double-click on it to open it.

Alternatively, you can find this example at the following file path:
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 7.1\examples\DAQmx\Analog In\Measure Acceleration.llb

Once this is open you can find instructions by turning on Context Help and hovering over the icon of the VI in the upper right-hand corner OR you can go to the Menu Bar and select File>>VI Properties.  When the VI Properties window pops up, select "Documentation" for the category.  The Example Finder will also have these instructions in the Information Box when you select the example.

I hope this helps!

Eric
DE For Life!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(4,896 Views)
When using "Cont Acq Accel Samples-Int Clk-Analog Start-SCXI 153x.vi":

Under 'Channel Parameters,' how do I add 'Physical Channels' to the VI?  None pop up when I click 'Browse.'

Where do I control the supply current and/or voltage to the accelerometers?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(4,887 Views)
Hello bhooks,

It is odd that no channels appear when you click on Browse.

What kind of DAQ board are you using to digitize the SCXI data?

Have you configured your SCXI hardware in Measurement and Automation Explorer?

On the front panel of the VI you will notice 2 parameters, Excitation Source and Excitation Value.  This is how you can control the excitation voltage to the accelerometers.

Message Edited by E.Lee on 07-22-2005 09:45 AM

Eric
DE For Life!
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(4,878 Views)
I noticed when double checking the SCXI hardware configuration in Measurement and Automation Explorer that the Connected to tab only gives me the option None.  This screen where this appears is similar to part 4  of page 18 of SCXI Quick Start Guide.  Should I be connect to some device?

My complete set of hardware includes:
  • PXI-PCI8336 kit
  • PXI-1010 chassis
  • PXI-6025E multifunction I/O
  • SCXI-1530 4-Channel Accelerometer Module
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(4,860 Views)
Hello bhooks,

For most PXI E series cards, you can place them in the right-most slot of the PXI portion of the chassis and they will be able to control the SCXI chassis through the backplane.  However, you can also put the DAQ card in a different slot and use the front connector to connect to the back of the SCXI chassis with a cable and cable adaptor.  Here are some instructions on how configure the PXI-1010 with the DAQ card in the right-most slot.
Eric
DE For Life!
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(4,846 Views)
When I try to use this program, I am having trouble with the trigger settings? Does anyone have any help they could offer as to what I would set this for? Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(4,670 Views)