Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calibration of scxi-1520 and scxi-1314

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a SCXI-1000 chassis with scxi-1520 module and scxi-1314 terminal block and was wondering how to perform a calibration on it?  Do I need to send them back to NI for calibration or can I send it to a local company to perform the calibration?  If I can send it to a local vendor, what would the procedure be to calibrate?  According to the scxi-1314 manual, all we do is check the resistors and for the scxi-1520, it performs an internal calibration.  Is that correct?

Ron

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(8,199 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ron_b

Hi Ron,

You can send them back into NI to get those calibrated, or you could have a local company. There are manual calibration procedures available online here for many of our products. Here are the calibration procedures for the 1314 and 1520.

Any other questions about calibration should be addressed at ni.com/calibration

Chris W

Message 2 of 7
(8,189 Views)

Chris,

Thanks!  I'll forward this information to our local calibration provider.  Thanks for the information.

Ron

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(8,187 Views)

Chris,

Just to give you a background of our setup, we are using a laptop installed with Labview 7.1 and using either DAQcard 6036e or 6062e.  We're using a scxi-1000 chassis with the scxi-1520 module and scxi-1314 terminal block.  We use a SHC-68-68EPM cable to connect the DAQcard to the scxi module.  Is this configuration sufficient to perform calibrations on teh scxi-1520?  If not, what hardware do you recommend?

Regards,

Ron

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(8,182 Views)

Hi Ron,

It depends on how you're looking to do the calibration- to do a full calibration, you would want to reference the 1520 link that Chris posted, which requires a Fluke 5700A along with a DMM.  Otherwise, you'll probably want to reference this KB on DAQmx calibrations.  Hope this helps!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(8,161 Views)

The 1520 and 1314 calibration book says to use a Fluke 5700a calibrator.  Since that is being phased out, will the 5720a work as well?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,551 Views)

The 5700 is recommended, any other traceable source with sufficient low uncertainty (including the 5720a 😉 ) is useable.

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,535 Views)