Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9237 with full-bridge load cell: load cell_null_off_shuntcal.vi throws error 200077

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm trying to use the example load_cell_null_off_shuntcal.vi  with a full-bridge load cell (Honeywell Model 31, unamplified). I am using LabView 8.6,  cDAQ-9172 and NI9237. The load cell is connected to pins 2,3,6 and 7.

The inputs for the VI front panel are: internal excitation10V; mV/V 2.1492 (calibration sheet); max weight 10 lbs; bridge resistance 350 ohms (Honeywell specs); 9237 internal shunt resistance 100 kohms; shunt location R4 (default setting). I have selected "Do offset null" and "Do shunt cal".

This is the error I receive:

Error -200077 occurred at DAQmx Perform Shunt Calibration (Bridge).vi:1 Possible reason(s):

Measurements: Requested value is not a supported value for this property.

Property: AI.Bridge.ShuntCal.GainAdjust

You Have Requested: -61.980405e3

Valid Values Begin with: 500.0e-3

Valid Values End with: 1.500000

If the "Do shunt cal" green button is not selected, there is no error. I understand that the Gain adjust value should be approx 1, whereas the one I get is much larger. The  subVI  DAQmx PerformShuntCalibration (bridge).vi contains a "Call library function node" which I don't know how to interrogate.  

Has anyone else had experience with this error? Do you have any advice on:

1)     How to "see" the calculations being perfomed inside the "call library function node"?

2)     What the correct shunt element location for a full bridge load cell is? (although changing this location does not eliminate the error, I can't find this info).

3)     Anything I may be doing wrong with my inputs to cause this error?

Thanks,

Claire.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(7,232 Views)
You should do shunt calibration only if the Shunt calibration resistors are connected(in your case pin 1 and 10).
------

"A VI inside a Class is worth hundreds in the bush"
യവന്‍ പുലിയാണു കേട്ടാ!!!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(7,231 Views)

Hi Kikiduu,

My understanding is that there is an internal shunt resistor in the 9237. Pins 1 and 10 are given so that one can connect their own shunt resistor if desired (correct?). Since I am using a full bridge load cell, I believe that this resistor will be enabled via the software, which I think is done within the VI I am using. Is there a global setting to enable the shunt resistor, or is it a matter of having the software flip the switch such that the internal resistor is brought into the circuit

Thanks, 

Claire.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(7,226 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author CFJ

Hi Claire,

You have to physically connect the SC terminals to one arm of the bridge (normally R3). The terminal is not provided for connecting external resistors.

See example 

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.6\examples\DAQmx\Analog In\Measure Strain.llb\Cont Acq Strain Samples (with Calibration) - NI 9237.vi

------

"A VI inside a Class is worth hundreds in the bush"
യവന്‍ പുലിയാണു കേട്ടാ!!!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(7,223 Views)

Hi Kikiduu, thanks for your patience. I don't have much experience with reading circuit diagrams and connecting the wires. I have it working now!

Thanks for your help and have a great weekend.

Claire.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(7,199 Views)