cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

+5V Power Source NI-6733

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am working quite a while with an analog output module NI-6733 and I didn't have any problems so far. Now I'd like to power en external circuitry with the +5V on pin 8 or 14. According to the datasheet the +5V power source is able to drive up to 1A . The circuit isn't to complex, just an opamp as a voltage follower. When the circuit is connected the voltage breaks down to roughly 2 volts. I also checked the behavior with a resistive load of 15k which should draw a maximum of 330µA. In that case the voltage decreases even further down to approx. 200mV. Another test with NI-6358  in the same chassis showed a proper behavior. Do you have any idea what could be the reason for that?

Thanks,

SeMathias14

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,083 Views)

Don't know where you read that you can drive up to 1A; from the specs I get the following:

Antoniooh_0-1619218252262.png

Those voltage outputs are good for a reference only not to provide power to circuits.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,030 Views)

oops, my mistake, I was thinking you where refering to the Analog Outputs of the device.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,026 Views)

What do you measure on Pin 8 and 14 with respect to any of the DGND?

If you don't measure 5V with no load, it is highly possible that something is damaged on your board.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,023 Views)

Yeah right I was referring to the +5V power output. It can source up to 1A.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,010 Views)
Solution
Accepted by SeMathias14

Thanks for the reply. Indeed the fuse was broken. I had to replace it. It is easy to find on the board. Actually I supposed to find a poly switch but it was a simple fuse. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,007 Views)