From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Sheffield LabVIEW User Group

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebSockets: Bringing LabVIEW to the Web

Hi i am using LabVIEW 2013 Version its saying VI Package manager not supporting

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 25
(4,802 Views)

Then you need to install the latest version of VI Package Manager.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 25
(4,802 Views)

This looks very interesting.  I am able to run this from the index.html file but am having trouble serving it using web services.  I start the web service running but don't know how to get the URL as there are no web resource methods to right-click on.  What am I missing?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 25
(4,802 Views)

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like you are not serving the html files. In Labview under your web server, add a public content folder that is pointing to the html files, then right-click the web server and click start. Now right click the index.html file and there'll be an option there to tell you the URL of that file.

Message 14 of 25
(4,802 Views)

Hi Jon, I have seen this before where when copying a project, it seems to forget what is previously defined as the "public" folder. Try removing the auto-populating "Web Client" folder, then re-adding a "Public Content Folder" pointing to the same "Web Client" directory. Then start the webservice and make sure to point the browser at the debug port i.e. http://localhost:8001/Chat/index.html or check the URL as Simon says above.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 25
(4,803 Views)

That is precisely what happened, thank you both for pointing me in the correct direction.

I have to say, this is a beautiful example of how simple and powerful websockets are.

Thanks,

Jon

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 25
(4,807 Views)

Yeah I have to agree, it's a very nice API. I've been able to do quite a lot with it and am using it to drive graphs, show the error log, change system settings, etc. Very cool. Thanks Sam.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 25
(4,807 Views)

I am interested to learn more about the thin client side of the world, out of curiosity what are you using for charts?

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 25
(4,807 Views)

We're using the Highcharts library. There are numerous others out there, too.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 25
(4,807 Views)

I've been using Flot:

2015-11-18_09-38-32.png

It's good to see that people have been getting some use out of the library!

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 25
(4,807 Views)