Sheffield LabVIEW User Group

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLUG Save the Date 23/3/16 - Call for Topics, Speakers and presentation

Hi all,

Norbert here from Austin Consultants.

We are pleased to confirm that the next date for the SLUG is Thursday 23rd March.

The venue is the Diamond building of The University of Sheffield: https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/diamond

We are currently looking to get an idea of numbers so let us know in the comments if you can join us.

We're also inviting topic suggestions, speakers and presentations. If you have a topic of interest but don't want to present that is fine, but please suggest it as I am sure someone will be keen to present on that topic.

We are also looking for someone to present an application/solution they have developed so please let me know if you're keen.

I look forward to seeing you all there,

Norbert

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(10,217 Views)

I'll be attending - I'd be happy to present on a topic of interest to the group (given enough time to prepare something), otherwise, I'll present on a personal project of mine:

Title: The smartest narrowboat on the canals*! (*probably)

Abstract: Using the sbRIO Evaluation Kit, I have created a monitoring system for a narrowboat that allows me to view current status information about essential systems (e.g. power, temperature), either locally using my WebSockets library, or remotely through a cloud data provider. I'll discuss some of the features of the system, how they work and show some of the 'analytics' of the cloud data I am gathering.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(9,193 Views)

Sorry

I was hoping to attend but looks like I will away for that week to get some R&R once the students have gone

I have circulated the time and date within the dept so hopefully others will feel able to attend

Rgds

Jim W

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(9,193 Views)

Dear All,

I'm pleased to confirm the agenda of the meeting:

• 14:00 - Start, introductions
  • 14:15 - The smartest narrowboat on the canals! - Sam Sharp
  • 14:30 - Update from NI - Mark Whiteley
  • 14:45 - GUI tips and tricks - Jason Appleby
  • 15:00 - Case Study - sbRIO based Data Acquisition System - Andy Hunter
  • 15:15 - Break
  • 15:30 - LabVIEW Code Challenge
  • 16:00 - Laboratory tour in the Diamond - Mark Judge
  • 16:45 - Wrap up

Please let me know if you have any questions.

See you all on Wednesday,

Norbert

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(9,193 Views)

Are there any suggestions on parking? It's been a while since I've been to the Uni end of the city so not sure where is suitable to park for the afternoon?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(9,193 Views)

Hi Sam,

There is an indoor car park at the corner of Rockingham street and Portobello street, which is reasonably close to the University. There might be parking places closer on the street as well.

Hope this helps,

Norbert

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(9,193 Views)

Dear Attendees,

Please make try to bring a laptop with LabVIEW installed to the meeting so that you can solve the code challenge. You will be working in teams so if you can't bring your own, that's not the end of the world.

See you this afternoon,

Norbert

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(9,193 Views)