From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

San Diego LabVIEW Users

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Group Meetings

It looks like a User Group Meeting hasn't been held in quite a while. Is there still interest in this community for these meetings? Is Cyth still involved in the community?

Edit: I met Richie (Richie20) since posting this and he expressed that the user group meetings slowly died out due to low participation. Maybe if there's enough interest here, there might be incentive to start them back up again.

Kudo this post if you're interested.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,344 Views)

I was thinking about that the other day as well and am definitely still interested in the group meetings.  Those provide a nice window into what people are doing with LabVIEW and I've gleaned a lot of useful information from them.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,338 Views)

I would be interested in a user group meeting as well!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,314 Views)

I met Richie (Richie20) recently and he expressed that the user group meetings slowly died out due to low participation. Maybe if there's enough interest here, there might be incentive to start them back up again.

Kudo this thread or comment if you're interested.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,171 Views)

Well what would everyone like to see in a user group meeting? Personally, I'd like to see some small projects someone has created... Like LabVIEW running on a single board computer controlling a robot arm or a 3-axis gantry, for example. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,160 Views)

Along the lines of small projects, I'd love to see LabView in an IoT application.  Has anyone done integration with Samsung SmartThings?  What about home DIY projects such as automating blinds (with a stepper motor)?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,156 Views)

Hi all, the user group meeting is coming back next week.

Cyth Systems

9939 Via Pasar, San Diego, CA 92126

Wednesday, August 7th

6pm-7:30pm

Ivan Gagne (CLED) will provide an overview of SQLite, a powerful file format for storing test data, debug logs, and configuration files. Followed by more informal networking and application discussions. Food and drink provided, novices to experts welcome.

Please RSVP here:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/San-Diego-LabVIEW-Users/San-Diego-LabVIEW-User-Group-Meeting-on-Wednesday-8...

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,893 Views)