cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding the group meeting

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Labview users,

I have couple questions regarding the meeting. 

1. What should I prepare for the meeting?

2. Do I need to bring a computer with Labview program installed?  Or the Facility will have computers with Labivew installed.

3. Except quarter end meetings, is there annual meeting for Socal Labview users (I heard there was one from a Labview representative once but I could not find the information) 

A little bit about myself,

My name is Ken Guan, a senior R&D engineer at Flowserve located in Temecula, CA.  The Flowserve R&D team in Temecula designs and tests pump components mainly for oil and gas industries.  I used Labview 8 years ago for 2~3 years at the graduate school lab and stopped using it until last year.   I currently modify existing Labview programs for manufacturing machines and testers.  

My goal this year is to get CLAD and hopefully CLD.  

Any suggestions and recommendations are welcome.  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(8,629 Views)

The facility has computers with LabVIEW. Most people don't really use them though.

There has been a "Technical Symposium" in Orange County prior years. We'll see if there will be one this year.

CLED (2016)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(8,613 Views)

Hi Ken,

Welcome to the San Diego LabVIEW Community Group! You can register for the upcoming LabVIEW User Group Meeting (LVUGM) on June 22nd here. To receive notifications on future LVUGMs, please ensure you have opted into marketing emails through your NI profile settings (see attached instructions). You can also find future LVUGM registration links here

In addition, I believe you may benefit from attending a LabVIEW Core 1 and LabVIEW Core 2 training. These trainings will also help in prepping you for the CLAD. As you advance in your certifications, you may want to consider taking additional training offerings. To register for the trainings, please click here. For exam prep information, please click here. You can select the type of exam you are interested in taking and clicking on "In more than a week" when asked "When would you like to take your exam?"; based on the exam you select, the screen will populate with related study material and recommended trainings.

Other useful links:

Find the Right Training for You

General NI Certifications Overview

Common Learning Paths

As far as annual meetings go, you may be interested in joining us at the LabVIEW Developer Days Santa Clara. This complimentary event will be coming to Santa Clara on August 15th. Registration will open in the next two weeks; an announcement will be posted on this community page soon with the registration link. For more information about what a LabVIEW Developer Day is, please click here.

I hope this was helpful. Please let me know if you have any questions at all!

Sincerely,

Nayyab Ali

Regional Marketing Coordinator - US/CA West

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(8,610 Views)

Thank you so much for the information.

I will check them out.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(8,605 Views)

Thank you for the advise.   I took Core 1 and Core 2 last in Sep. 2017.

They are very helpful.    

I will definitely check the Lavbiew Developer Days Santa Clara.  Thank you so much. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(8,601 Views)

Hi Ken,

You are welcome! To my surprise, I realized that the LabVIEW Developer Days Phoenix may actually be closer to you than the Santa Clara one. Feel free to join us in any of the cities listed here!

Best,

Nayyab Ali

Regional Marketing Coordinator - US/CA West

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(8,590 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author quan0418

Hi Quan,
I host the LV UG in San Diego, CA. I advise you to just come and be an active participant; ask questions, make suggestions and provide feedback on what future presentations you would be interested in seeing. 

This is hosted in a training room at Cyth Systems and there are computers there already installed with LV so you can follow along at any time during a presentation. 

Also, feel free to invite your counterparts at Flowserve. 

In regards to your certifications, let's chat about this in more details at the UG meeting. There are plenty of useful tools you can leverage as you start prepping for the CLD and CLA.

FYI; We will have pizza, and other beverages for our guests. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(8,525 Views)