cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GModbus over Serial Line Activation Issues

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I need to activate the "GModbus Over Serial Line" on a new PC. The activation wizard in LabView can't activate the toolkit with the activation keys I received with the order. I also can't generate a new key on the NI website, because according to NI "this product can no longer be activated". 

Can someone tell me, how I can activate the package, because I really need Mosbus communication for a laboratory and the 14 day trial just expired.

Kind regards. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(2,105 Views)
Solution
Accepted by MOSick

Hi,

Our toolkit are not sold anymore on LVTN since 01 nov 2022...

However we still support licences bought before this date.

We should push our toolkits on open source repo one day 🙂

This topic has been resolved directly with  MOSick by pm

Christophe | qmt | Certified LabVIEW Architect
Message 2 of 10
(2,075 Views)

Hi Christophe

Any idea when you'll be able to open source the ModBus products?

I might need a ModBus TCP soon, it would be great to use GModBus over TCP as open source!

Cheers

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(2,052 Views)

Hi Antoine,

No idea about a release date, this is not a priority topic.

However, you can still contact us, and we will share you a copy of the source code

Message 4 of 10
(2,037 Views)

Hello, 

I also need to need to get a copy of saphir GModBus over serial line onto a new PC. I have a license on my old PC. Is there anyway that I can transfer the license to a different PC?

or

Can I also have access to the source code?

Thanks

john
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,004 Views)

Hi

This is not possible to transfert a licence anymore.

I sent a download link by private message

Message 6 of 10
(1,987 Views)

Hi Christophe,

I am currently experiencing the same issue that was discussed in this discussion board. Our company previously purchased the license for the GModbus over TCP & Serial toolkits from NI, I can provide you with the part number and serial number if you want to verify our purchase. I noticed that you offered others an opportunity to temporarily download the source code and I was wondering if you could potentially offer me the same opportunity as well? Any assistance or response that you could provide would be most helpful. Thanks.

Gmodbus for tcp saphir certificate of ownership.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(1,541 Views)

Hi Javier,

Since the last message, we have migrated the source code of our toolkits on gitlab as open source projets.

You can find them on https://gitlab.com/QMT-group/open-source

You can either use the source code on your project and relink the VIs, or try to install the vip file that has been rebuild without licence activation (at your own risk, it has not been tested and verified yet => please let me know if you test it)

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(1,536 Views)

I am having similar issues in that I have been using this tool for a decade now and had to rehost all my vi's on the new PC and now all of my GModbus vi's are broken.  I tried installing the tool from the site above but they are all still broken and it states the root cause is due to broken dependencies.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(980 Views)

I ran into a similar issue when I tried to install the VIs. I had to disconnect a few type defs and make copies that allowed me to decouple the VIs I needed. 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(964 Views)