SAPHIR - Toolkits Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizing Tabs color - XTab

Hello,

I'm currently trying things with XTab and I was wondering if there is a way to customize the color of the Tab background and text as shown in the image?

Thank you.

2013-08-10_205742.png

Matthias Baudot | Software Architect | Founder at STUDIO BODs

STUDIO BODs     BLT for LabVIEW     LabVIEW Champion     Certified Professional Instructor     DQMH Trusted Advisor     GCentral Sponsor

Check out my LabVIEW presentations and videos!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,909 Views)

Hi,

If you are ready for some picture editing, you can change color and aspect of the enire tab. Just go to ..\vi.lib\SAPHIR\ViBox - XControls\XTab\Page\Resources. You will find all the resources used to draw the tab.

2013-08-26_1143.png

Note that :

• You musn't change the size of the pictures
  • Blue and green are use as a mask color to apply system color at runtime. These color can't be displayed.
  • The more complexe your pictures are, the more cpu resources are needs to draw the tabs.

Concerning the text color, you can't currently change it. I filled-in a new repport with this request for the future version of the XTab.

Hope this could help you. Feel free to share your custom tab here, I'm really curious of what could be done by others.

Have a great day,

Olivier

Olivier Jourdan

Wovalab founder | DQMH Consortium board member | LinkedIn |

Stop writing your LabVIEW code documentation, use Antidoc!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,708 Views)

Hi Olivier!

We really like your XTab and we can't understand why NI hasn't used your excellent idea and made it a part of LabVIEW a long time ago.

We are also interrested in beeing able to change text color (and perhaps even font) for the tabs, though. Is there any work beeing done on a new version on the XTab?

Best regards,

Rickard Persäter

Novator Solutions AB

Stockholm, Sweden

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,708 Views)

Hi all, hi Olivier

Richard, i agree with you : " we can't understand why NI hasn't used your excellent idea and made it a part of LabVIEW a long time ago." A+ luc

banniere Luc Livre NXG Champion.png

Luc Desruelle | Mon profil | Mon blog LabVIEW | Auteur livre LabVIEW : Programmation et applications - G Web
Certified LabVIEW Architect (CLA) & Certified TestStand Developper (CTD) | LabVIEW Champion

MESULOG - LinkedIn site | NERYS - NERYS Group
| directeur CEO MESULOG
| CODIR - NERYS group

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,708 Views)