Rocket City LabVIEW

This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Highlighted

1-wire interface for the My Rio 1900

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 26
(4,633 Views)
25 REPLIES

Re: 1-wire interface for the My Rio 1900

hi ,i'am totaly new with fpga projects ,i saw ur exemple and it's exactly what i need but i dont know how i make it run ,first the files in fpga target are missing ,so how do i add them ...can u pls help me

aa.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 26
(2,205 Views)

Okay, you open the 1-wire interface project, you can remove from the project the RT CompactRIO and the RT Single Board Rio if you like, under the NI-MyRio-1900 FRL 172.28.20.105, you need to change the name/ip address to your name/ip address by selecting it and right mouse click and choosing properties->general. Look at the readme under the Additional Instructions.

Under the Chassis->Fpga Target->Subvi’s you will find the Subvi’s that I modified for the My Rio.

1. Next step is Under the project folder rename 3 DIO ports you want to read 1 wire devices to the following:

DS_WIRE, DS_WIRE 1, DS_WIRE 2. You will have to rename the DIO ports I named under connector A/DIO7:0/DIO0-DIO2.

DS_WIRE is where you connect your 1-wire device below, you must rename them in order for the code to work.

Here is an illustration of how to connect the temp sensor to C/DIO0

Other than the pull up resister let me tell you there are different 18B20’s you need to get just a plain 18B20 and not the 18B20P, for it works a bit differently.

As to the FPGA target, It is just as a normal my rio program where RT Main.vi is your main file you run. Just as if you choose a new project->FPGA->Finish. It will run on the FPGA. Just like this code in this for the myRIO and two other targets:

Note in the picture above that Mulitply.vi is not under the fpga target; however, it does run as the startup app on the fpg target, and also note the real time application.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 26
(2,205 Views)

Okay, you open the 1-wire interface project, you can remove from the project the RT CompactRIO and the RT Single Board Rio if you like, under the NI-MyRio-1900 FRL 172.28.20.105, you need to change the name/ip address to your name/ip address by selecting it and right mouse click and choosing properties->general. Look at the readme under the Additional Instructions.

Under the Chassis->Fpga Target->Subvi’s you will find the Subvi’s that I modified for the My Rio.

1. Next step is Under the project folder rename 3 DIO ports you want to read 1 wire devices to the following:

DS_WIRE, DS_WIRE 1, DS_WIRE 2. You will have to rename the DIO ports I named under connector A/DIO7:0/DIO0-DIO2.

DS_WIRE is where you connect your 1-wire device below, you must rename them in order for the code to work.

Pict1.jpg goes here.

Here is an illustration of how to connect the temp sensor to C/DIO0

Pict2.jpg goes here

Other than the pull up resister let me tell you there are different 18B20’s you need to get just a plain 18B20 and not the 18B20P, for it works a bit differently.

As to the FPGA target, It is just as a normal my rio program where RT Main.vi is your main file you run. Just as if you choose a new project->FPGA->Finish. It will run on the FPGA. Just like this code in this for the myRIO and two other targets:

Pict3.jpg goes here.

Note in the picture above that Mulitply.vi is not under the fpga target; however, it does run as the startup app on the fpg target, and also note the real time application.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 26
(2,205 Views)

man thank you for the reply ,i will do the same as u say ,and i will informe u if it work ,or if i need any thing ,just if u can reload the photos cause i can't see them.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 26
(2,205 Views)

Send me your email address because first I embedded photos and I noticed they did not go through, then I sent a email with them attached and it did not go through either. Also tell me if you want them embedded or attached?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 26
(2,205 Views)

Also don't forget to change the target name and IP address

Okay here are the imagespict1.jpg

Pict 2.jpg:

pict2.jpg

Pict 3.jpg:

pict3.jpg.png

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 26
(2,205 Views)

my e-mail : mouradaklouf2014@gmail.com and i want them embedded pls ,thank u

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 26
(2,205 Views)

i got them thanx

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 26
(2,205 Views)

hello a gain i have a question ,the DIO_0 or DS wire is the 1 wire bus which i will connect it to the 1-wire device,but what about the 2 others ,can u please thell me what are they for ?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 26
(2,205 Views)
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.