Requirements Gateway User's Group

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Scripting & Requirements Gateway Can It Be Done?

Here's a discussion to get us started talking.

Does any one know if it's possible to access Requirements Gateway through the LabVIEW Scripting or even just regular LabVIEW?  I sure would like to make my covers entry more automated. How about you?

Do you dream of Quick Drop linking to Requirements Gateway for a project and pulling a list of requirement ID's to select from for dropping right in your VIs?

What other neat, clever, efficient ideas do all of you have as desires for working with Requirements Gateway?

HMMMMMM??????????????????????????????

Wire Warrior

Wire Warrior

Behold the power of LabVIEW as my army of Roomba minions streaks across the floor!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,072 Views)

While there is no officially supported API for controlling Requirements Gateway, there is a type library available that you can use to do some basic operations through ActiveX.  You might be interested in this discussion on the forums:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-TestStand/Api-for-Requirements-Gateway/m-p/2289012/highlight/true#M39753

Unfortunately, the type library is not well documented or tested (since it is not really a feature), so it is difficult to use.

Al B.
Staff Software Engineer - TestStand
CTA/CLD
Message 2 of 4
(1,993 Views)

That's great Al.B I hadn't found that one yet.  You got any other useful discussions you know about on the forums?

Wire Warrior

Wire Warrior

Behold the power of LabVIEW as my army of Roomba minions streaks across the floor!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,993 Views)

Under the heading of "Idea Exchange" I found this idea.  Let's vote it up!

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/LabVIEW-API-for-Requirements-Gateway/idi-p/2203404

LabVIEW API for Requirements Gateway

by        Member  Brandyn              on      ‎10-30-2012   10:04 PM                 

Wire Warrior

Message 4 of 4
(1,993 Views)