Components

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replication and Deployment Utility (RAD)

Also, does anyone know what network ports RAD uses to find a cRIO and to deploy to it?

In other words, what do I have to tell IT in order to set up a network so that RAD will work?

0 Kudos
Message 271 of 324
(2,449 Views)

I am hoping that this forum is not dead.

I have a modified version of RAD. I am trying to use it to retrieve an image from a 9033. This fails at the call:

Create System Image (Folder).vi

with error -2147220292.

The explanation given for the error is that it cannot open the file or folder. I suspect this is not correct as there is nothing special about the directory it wants to write to. Also, the colleague that set this system up worked to make it more secure. I am not sure what all he did, but at a minimum he created special accounts to perform certain actions. (Which should not affect me as I am using the admin account.)

So my question here is, what could be causing the error I see?

Also, I have an obligation to complain about VIs that are password protected because it prevents me from debugging.

Message 272 of 324
(2,137 Views)

The error -2147220292 happens when you try to create an image of a Linux RT target whose hard drive is full. In my case log files had filled the main partition to 100%. (As reported by "df -k".)

Deleting the log files allowed me to carry to make the image.

0 Kudos
Message 273 of 324
(2,126 Views)

Why would RAD installer for v16.0.0 in Windows 10 be telling me that this installer requires Windows 7 Service Pack 1 and not successfully install?

Ryan Vallieu CLA, CLED
Senior Systems Analyst II
NASA Ames Research Center
0 Kudos
Message 274 of 324
(1,429 Views)

This sounds like an application builder bug where the min OS line in the setup.ini file is wrong for some reason. Usually though, you see this error when trying to install on Windows XP from any recent version of the application builder. (At least since 2009.)

In the installer directory there is a file called setup.ini. If you look in it there are two lines that say something like OSmin and OSmax. They have cryptic numbers that represent the version of windows you can install to.

As an alternate, you might check the build spec in the project and see what OS are allowed. Possibly Windows 10 is not enabled.

0 Kudos
Message 275 of 324
(1,424 Views)

I'd think that could be a possibility, but I've installed it on other Windows 10 machines.

Ryan Vallieu CLA, CLED
0 Kudos
Message 276 of 324
(1,420 Views)

@RVallieu wrote:

I'd think that could be a possibility, but I've installed it on other Windows 10 machines.

Hmm,

The times I have had troubles with Application Builder installers has been because there was incompatible NI software already installed on the target PC. Your error message doesn't make sense for this though. (They install fine and then the application doesn't run right.)

Can you install other applications made with the application builder to the machine in question? If you make something simple in the same version of LabVIEW, will it install? If not, try getting help from NI about the application builder.

0 Kudos
Message 277 of 324
(1,397 Views)

Not sure what would be incompatible and give a Windows Error.

I made sure that Windows Updates were current.

Made sure LV Runtime 2016 was installed (already had 2014 and 2015 run-time).

Still getting the error.

Ryan Vallieu CLA, CLED
0 Kudos
Message 278 of 324
(1,391 Views)

SOLVED!

I found the issue - and after the fact it makes sense.

The RadInstaller.exe was set to run with Windows 7 Compatibility after it downloaded.

This was leading to the issues of getting the install error of the missing Windows 7 SP1.

I changed the Compatibility to Windows 8 (the latest choice it would allow) and that allowed the installer to run on Windows 10.  Deselecting the Compatibility checkbox did not work as that reverted to Windows 7.

Ryan

Ryan Vallieu CLA, CLED
0 Kudos
Message 279 of 324
(1,384 Views)

@RVallieu wrote:

Not sure what would be incompatible and give a Windows Error.

I made sure that Windows Updates were current.

Made sure LV Runtime 2016 was installed (already had 2014 and 2015 run-time).

Still getting the error.

I don't know about these specific runtime engines, but different runtime engines can have incompatibility problems. In my case LV 2009 runtime engine did not work well with the LV 2014 runtime engine. This affected the RAD tool so that it took 30 minutes to identify cRIOs on the network.

Possibly the copy of the installer you are using on that PC is corrupt. Maybe get a fresh copy and try again.

You might try uninstalling everything NI related, and then installing just RAD and see what happens.

If this PC does not have unique files on it, wipe and put a fresh install of Windows 10. Then install RAD.

You will most likely get better support if you ask NI Support why the installer is failing on the the one PC. If not that, then try the NI Forums. This group is for RAD, and you not really having trouble with RAD. Your having trouble with the installer. (Which, in the case of RAD, is just a product of NI's application builder.)

0 Kudos
Message 280 of 324
(1,382 Views)