Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

web server port

Hi there,
I designed a real time instrument monitoring and control program.
however, some time if accidentally i do any mistake for whetever reason I recieve the following message:
" The web server cant start. Is the web server port already in use?,Try to start the web server on another port.
Labview: The specified network address is currently in use".

NB: I am not working over the internet or the webserver, I couldnt understand this message.
Once I recieve this message, I cant use the LV till I repoot the PC.
I hope one of you can help me.
Thanx in advance 4 all.
Saoud
Message 1 of 6
(4,394 Views)
You are getting the error because LabVIEW is trying to start its web server, but another application is already using the port (default port 80). If you don't need the functionality of the web server, you can disable it under "Tools >> Options... >> Web Server: Configuration".

Please check this KnowledgeBase for the same issue.
- Philip Courtois, Thinkbot Solutions

Thinkbot Solutions
Message 2 of 6
(4,381 Views)
Thanx 4 the reply

I am not working over the server. I am working on the host computer. Moreover, I wasnt used to this problem with the same VI. Beside that these days I experienced some hanging in my VI. DO u have any clues??
I am trying to build RT VI and then download on the webserver.

Thanx alot

Saoud
Message 3 of 6
(4,370 Views)
Hi, Saoud,

I'm not too sure how are you creating the web page. Basically, what you should be doing is:
* Target your Real-Time system from LabVIEW.
* Verify that the web server has been enabled and that you have enough permissions to access the system by going into Tools>>RT Target: IP Address Options..., and verifying under the Web Server: Configuration, Browser Access and Visible VIs.
* Open the VI you want to generate the web page from.
* Go to Tools>>Web Publishing Tool and follow the steps to create the HTML file.
* Once the file is created, copy it manually to the Real-Time system via FTP and place it in the \NI-RT\SYSTEM\WWW folder.
* After that, you should be able to run your VI targeted and access the web page by opening a web browser and typing http://ipaddress/nameofthewebpage.htm

Let me know where are you getting the error and if you have any problems during this process.

GValdes
Applications Engineer
Message 4 of 6
(4,349 Views)
Thanx to all

Dear GValdes

I am not having problem with the web publishing tool. The problem exist when I launch LV for the second time or after. The problem wont be solved till I restart and repoot the PC.

Thanx
Message 5 of 6
(4,325 Views)
Hi, again,

I'm sorry, I might be misunderstanding the problem then. So, can you create the webpage correctly, copy the html to the RT system (is it PXI or FP?) and then access it? Then, do you get this error when you try to connect to the HTML page in the RT system from a Web Browser? Finally, which system do you have to restart to have access again: the RT system or the computer? From the error that you are getting, one quick thing you could try is to change the port number the web server is using, as it was recommended before. If you could detail step by step what you are doing to get this error message, it will help me a lot.

Thanks and have a great day!

GValdes
Message 6 of 6
(4,307 Views)