From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using NI USB 9201 with LabView Real Time

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am trying to use a NI USB 9201 on a remote Real Time Target. Here is what I have done : 1) rigged up a desktop PC to act as RT target by using the directions given on the NI website. It now boots into a RTOS with LabView RTOS 9.0. 2) I have successfully communicated with it using a host computer that has a windows OS with LabView 2009 and I have installed software from the host PC on to the Remote RT target using ethernet. However, my problem is when I plug in NI USB 9201 onto the RT target I cannot see the hardware listed in MAX under the devices and interfaces tab under Remote Systems. I tried looking for the manuals for the 9201 HW but it seems not much has been explained there, or maybe I am looking at the wrong places. Any help is greatly appreciated.

PS : I am attaching 2 jpeg files for further explanation (Network settings tab and the system settings tab).

Thanks in advance,

Avishek.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,716 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Avs

Avs,

The NI USB 9201 is not supported on RTPCs. Please see this link. Currently no usb-daq devices are supported with a RTPC environment. Only PCI DAQ devices are supported. 

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/6913

Kyle Hartley
Senior Embedded Software Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,704 Views)

No wonder!

But thanks, Kyle.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,699 Views)