Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

signal vs temperature XY real time data aquisition

I'm interfacing a thermoluminescence system .
I should plot the signal of the counter vs the temperature of the thermocouple monitoring a linear ramp from ambient to 470?C, which takes 90 sec, and I must do this in real time.How may I do?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,168 Views)
Hello max,

Could you post more details about your hardware and software? Anyone who wants to answer will probably need more detail. If you are using LabVIEW, then there is an example included with LabVIEW called Acquire & Graph N Scans. It probably is the example program closest to what you need.

If you want to make another post, please copy all of our discussion and post it in the Measurement Hardware --> Multifunction group or Signal Conditioning group (depending on what hardware you have. You will be much more likely to get responses to this question there. Real-Time refers to true real-time systems that are different from standard operating systems and hardware like the common AMD/Intel + Windows system.

Regards,

John N
Applications Engineer
National
Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,168 Views)
Hi,

I have done this before. I originally did it with too A/D inputs. You want to control your sample interval by temperature rather then time. The system is slow enough to do this in software. Acquisition was started when the temperature passed a chosen level and stopped the same way. This kept things neat for calculations later.

I would be willing to bet that the newer units have a communications ports on them though.

Let me know if I can help you.
Bruce
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,168 Views)