From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sbRIO Max DIO frequency

Solved!
Go to solution

I know this post is old, but I wanted to close the thread with a link to our most complete documentation for the RIO Mezzanine Card DIO.

First, the user manual is officially published and linked here:

NI sbRIO-9605/9606 OEM Operating Instructions and Specifications

Second, a whitepaper discussing the DIO lines in more detail:

NI sbRIO-9605/9606 RMC Digital I/O Capabilities

Hopefully this helps anyone who finds this thread later.

Cheers,

Spex
National Instruments

To the pessimist, the glass is half empty; to the optimist, the glass is half full; to the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be has a 2x safety factor...
Message 11 of 17
(1,837 Views)

Not really: "Error: HTTP Web Server: Lotus Notes Exception - Document has been deleted".

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(1,771 Views)

Sorry for the inconvenience.  It appears that the link to the manual has changed.

The current link is:

NI sbRIO-9605/9606 OEM Operating Instructions and Specifications

I don't know how reliable the link is in the dynamic user manual system on ni.com, so in case this link fails in the future, the consistant way to find the manual is to navigate to the product page, click on the resources tab, and then click "Manuals".  From the manuals page should be a consistent link to the Operating Instructions and Specifications.

NI sbRIO-9606 Model Page

Regards,

Spex
National Instruments

To the pessimist, the glass is half empty; to the optimist, the glass is half full; to the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be has a 2x safety factor...
Message 13 of 17
(1,766 Views)

As per "OEM OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS AND SPECIFICATIONS" of Aug 2012.

"The DIO channels on the NI sbRIO device are routed with a 33 characteristic trace impedance". Is it true for 3.3V DIO on RMC Connector??

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(1,737 Views)

Hi Rasesh,

I am not positive what you are asking.  But here is my best answer.

The DIO lines on the sbRIO are routed with 33 Ohm characteristic impedance, as you found in the manual.  These lines all go through the RMC.  If you are designing a board to connect to the RMC, you should match the 33 Ohm as best you can.

Cheers,

Ryan

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(1,720 Views)

Hi Ryan,

Please find attached old manual for your Information.(with 55 ohm ch. trace impedance)

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(1,709 Views)

Sorry for the mistake, and thanks for catching it and bringing it to our attention, Rasesh.

The latest version of the manual accidentally duplicated the series termination resistor value (33 Ohm) to the trace impedance specification (55 Ohm).  You are correct, the trace impedance of the sbRIO DIO Lines to the RMC connector is 55 Ohms.  We will ensure the manual is corrected as soon as possible.

Cheers,

Spex
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(1,706 Views)