From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sbRIO-9637 Vi Web publishing on embedded RT host

Hi,

I'm trying to build a standalone application on a sbRIO-9637 : I would like to Web publish an embedded RT host VI (which is communicating with embedded FPGA) so I can monitor and control this RT VI through any computer on the Network (with Silverlight, Internet explorer and LV Runtime Engine intstalled on it cause I understood that is mandatory). The embedded web VI page should ba available after system boot.

I tried to follow many instruction documents like this one : "Configuring Remote Front Panels on a Real-Time Target"

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P7YuSAK

but I hadn't reach my goal.

I have theese interrogations :

- Do I have to create a Web Service on the RT host to publish VI on the Web (for monitoring and control) or does the Web publishing tool suffice?

- Do the RT host VI file (.vi) and all sub VIs have to be saved on the RT host ? (for the moment it's just on my dev computer), or does the .rtexe suffice?

Could anybody help or redirect me to documentations please?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,447 Views)

Hi AlexLV,

I hope you have solved your issue by now. If not, please find my answers bellow :

- Do I have to create a Web Service on the RT host to publish VI on the Web (for monitoring and control) or does the Web publishing tool suffice?

>> The tutorial you have linked does everything you need here.

- Do the RT host VI file (.vi) and all sub VIs have to be saved on the RT host ? (for the moment it's just on my dev computer), or does the .rtexe suffice?

>> The rtexe is enough.

Could anybody help or redirect me to documentations please?

>> The tutorial you have linked is really the best resource I could find when creating a remote panel myself :

Configuring Remote Front Panels on a Real-Time Target

>> The only other interesting page I could find was the one from the LabVIEW help :

Using Remote Front Panels to Access RT Target VIs (Real-Time Module)

I suggest you carefully read and apply every point mentionned in those 2 documents. If you still can't have your remote panel working, tell us more so we can help you out ; )

Have a nice day

Junior

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,394 Views)

Hi Junior,

thank you for your repply.

I successed in publishing the VI : I put all the files on the sbRIO Linux OS and even the project was created there, and followed the tuto.

Nevertheless, it takes precious memory and creates latencies when developping ('cause Ethernet hose). That's why using only the .rtexe on RT OS could be interesting. But for the moment I enjoy this first step forward 🙂 !

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,391 Views)