From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

samples of a sinusoid signal acquired with crio 9039 are not correctly aligned

Solved!
Go to solution

Good morning, everyone,
I am currently designing a real-time measurement software based on the crio 9039.
There is an FPGA part where I am acquiring the signal one sample at a time that I read from the rt processor using a reference to the FPGA and the Read/Write function to a command.
However, when I acquire a sinusoid I find that there are samples that are not perfectly aligned with the others.
I thought it was a chassis grounding problem but it's not that.

Can someone help me?

A capture of samples that aren't aligned with otherA capture of samples that aren't aligned with other

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,856 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author unikin_poly

Make sure you fully undertand the method of data transfer you are using, including the limitations, and make sure you are using something that can give rise to missing data which is what it looks like. There are plenty of examples in LabVIEW for you to learn about the different methods - for example, DMA FIFO (http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371599P-01/lvfpgaconcepts/fpga_dma_how_it_works/)

Consultant Control Engineer
www-isc-ltd.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,795 Views)