cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

right click "Devices and Interfaces" does nothing

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey all,

I'm trying to add a raw socket TCP VISA to NI MAX.  When I right click on "Devices and Interfaces", the line gets highlighted and no drop down box appears, much like a left click.  However, when I right click on"Software", the drop down box shows up.  I have all the NI software up to date. Is there additional software I need to add VISA's (I have NI-VISA 5.4 along with its run time)?  

Thanks,

Matt

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(10,137 Views)

Have you tried expanding D&I.  Then select the "Network Devices" category and then select the "Add Network Device" button and select the "VISA TCP/IP Resource" button.  I think you may also be able to right-click on the "Network Devices" category and select "Create New VISA TCP/IP Resource" as well.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(10,118 Views)

Thanks for the response,

I don't see the network devices.  Infact, the only thing that shows up when I expand D&I is the COM1 device.  Attached is an image of what I'm talking about.

Matt

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(10,111 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Uke88

I think I know what is going on.  It looks like you just have the NI-VISA Runtime installed, but not the NI-VISA Full support, which includes their additional MAX configuration support.

With the new version of MAX 5.5, devices will now show up with limited configuration support when you only have the run-time version of the driver installed as opposed to in the past when nothing would show up.

Here is a link to the NI-VISA 5.4 full installer - http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/4230/lang/en

Message 4 of 5
(10,074 Views)

Josh,

That worked like a charm.  Thank you very much.  

As a side note, I did find a work around foy my problem.  That links you to a VI which allows someone to create a TCPIP visa programatically.  

Again, thank you Josh,
Matt
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(10,066 Views)