Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

real time various errors

Hello,

I need help with Labview Real Time. We just received the dvd pack for Labview 8.6 and when I install real time on a computer it boots up correctly. As soon as I install any vision or IMAQdx software on the real time computer it crashes. It stop while booting showing up a 30% processor usage and I cannot access it through MAX again till I format it again. Unable to overcome this problem we went back to Labview 8.5.1. Then all hell broke loose. On 4 different computers, all ready for real time ( and confirmed by your PC-Eval disk ) every time we installed RT a new problem showed up. Errors installing, errors botting after install, using a boot disk worked sometimes and it booted correctly but it wouldn't boot from disk... Numerous problems. Is there some reason for this to be happening? I've read on the forum the usual problems, hardware specification, formating the drive with a windows 98 disk on FAT32, etc. We're doing all of that but still we keep having problems! Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(5,013 Views)

Hello,

What version of Windows are you running on your computer ?

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(5,000 Views)
Windows XP Home edition
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(4,998 Views)

Hello,

Does your problem only appears when you install Vision, IMAQdx softwares ?

Regards,

Message Edité par Maxime MULLER le 08-22-2008 06:47 AM
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(4,990 Views)
Yes if I install the real time that comes with Labview 8.6. The other problems happen when I install from Labview 8.5.1.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(4,981 Views)

Also to show you the extent of my confusion on the subject here's an example:

On the same computer I installed Real Time from Labview 8.5.1. And it worked. Then I only removed the hard drive and installed a new one from the same manufactor with the same capacity set up exactly how the first one was. I installed Real Time from Labview 8.5.1 and when i booted the RT machine I got an error. Then I reboot it and a different error occurs. And another, and another... So I switch to a thrid disk also the same as the first one, and I have the same problem as with the second. Then I try with a 4th disk. ALso doesn't work. How can the same machine work with one disk and not with 3 other disks when they are exactly the same?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(4,979 Views)

Hello,

Well ok,

Let's make things clearer, when you say that you install LabVIEW RT, is it on the host target or the remote target ? What is your remote target ? Is it a desktop PC or an embedded system such as PXI, CompactRIO, and so on... ?

Can you tell me what is exactly your configuration on both host and remote targets ?

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(4,957 Views)

Well, I want to install on a industrial computer the Real Time OS through a floppy disk created on MAX. The computer im installing it in has an Adlink NuPro 851, Pentium 4 socket 775, 1 DIM 1Gigabyte ddr2 533Mhz, 1 IDE Hard drive 80 Gb capacity and an Intel Pro 100 network adapter. Once it has the OS up and running I intend to deploy software and programs from a normal desktop with Labview 8.5.1.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(4,952 Views)

Hello,

Well I guess, you tested your industrial PC for compatibility with LabVIEW RT ?

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(4,948 Views)
Yes I did. Even running the NI PC Eval application tells me the computer is completely compatible with RT.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(4,849 Views)