From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Manager Call Not Supported" When Typecasting

I'm running with LabView2009 on a cRIO-9074 and I get a "Manager Call Not Supported" Error at the "To More Specific Class Function" node when I attempt to typecast a cluster reference to a cluster object.  This works on a PC host.  Any ideas?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(5,355 Views)

Hi meg57,

This error generally creeps up when trying to perform an operation that is not supported on a Real-Time target. I will have to do more research to see if this applies to your applications. Are you using the To More Specific Class function anywhere else in your application? If so, are you seeing any errors from them?

Aaron P

National Instruments

Applications Engineer

http://www.ni.com/support

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(5,332 Views)
This functionality is implemented in a vi and is used in 6 different areas of my application - same negative results in every instance.  Other than that, I'm not typecasting anywhere else.  This seems like pretty straight forward functionality  - I don't understand why this wouldn't work on RT.  The 'Manager Call Not Supported' error does not help me in attempting to diagnose the problem.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(5,315 Views)

Hi meg57,

I apologize for the inconvenience, but it does not look like the To More Specific Class function is support in Real-Time. I have filed CAR 225899 to report this R&D.

Aaron P

National Instruments

Applications Engineer

http://www.ni.com/support

Message 4 of 9
(5,300 Views)

I was wondering if there has been any progress on this front. I have some code that was originally developed to run on a PC and am trying to run it on a remote (via ethernet) RIO box with a PXI-8101 controller. The controller is running LabVIEW Real-Time 11.0.1 and the PC which I'm modifying the code on is running LabVIEW 11.0.1f2 (32-bit).

The VI contains several instances of the "To More Specific Type" operation, which does not seem to be supported by the target (I get Error Code 53 when I try to run the VI). Has this issue been resolved in a more recent update of LabVIEW Real-Time? Or do people have suggestions on a way around? Specifically, I am taking an input of type "Mixed Signal Graph (Strict)" and converting it to "Mixed Signal Graph".

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,632 Views)

Hi Zach,

I'm getting the same error with 2013 so it looks like this is still floating around as I'm getting the same error when I try this on my RT target.  I would suggest posting another topic on the forum to try and find a suitable work around for the issue.

Regards,

Bobby Breyer
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 6 of 9
(4,623 Views)

Do you have any progress on this one?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,186 Views)

Hey after testing it with LabVIEW 2015 I'm still getting the error, so I lookup the CAR and has been flagged as a low priority, because of this denomination I'm not sure how long this matter will be dragged.

Regards,

Joshua Barr

Applications Engineering

National Instruments

www.ni.com/support

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,172 Views)

Hi, if the "To more specific function" is not working on the RT target (not supported) try using "Type Cast" in the same place.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(835 Views)