cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ni-9251 ADC long gap between burst om measurements

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everybody,

I'm measuring a signal which has to be followed all the time (with minimal gaps). The module ni-9251 I'm using for that purpose is 24 bit (and excellent S/N).

I'm measuring 1000 points at one shot (burst) and then, when I repeat the burst there is a long gap (~80 ms) between the end of the first burst and beginning of the second one. I have been told by NI support that the module has no memory buffer so the data is in my computer memory, so it shouldn't be such a delay.
Is anybody aware how to lower this time gap (ideally under 10ms)?

Thank you

Theo

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,450 Views)

What chassis are you using?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,425 Views)

The chassis is cDAQ 9171. 

To clarify a bit, I'm trying to get as much as possible to continuous measurement.

Theo 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,393 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Theo88

FYI, since you don't have determinism, this might be the wrong board and you might not get as many or as fast of a response as you want. I think this is the right forum for you:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Multifunction-DAQ/bd-p/250

Have you tried this example? You'll have to adjust the max/min voltage to ±3

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 20xx\examples\DAQmx\Analog Input\Voltage - Continuous Input.vi

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,375 Views)

Thank you nanocyte, I worked fine with NI/measurement studio example: NationalInstruments.Examples.ContAcqVoltageSamples_IntClk

I still don't understand the thing about determinism, but now I have under 1ms (that's the timer precision) gaps (between bursts) in continuous voltage sampling.

Theo88

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,358 Views)

Does that mean you solved your problem? If so, you might want to mark the solution as solved. If not, you might be interested in the measurement studio forum: http://forums.ni.com/t5/Measurement-Studio-for-NET/bd-p/232

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,352 Views)