From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

misses every other trigger

Hi,
I am performing multi-channel triggered data acquisition and waveform generation.I am attaching a vi.When I move the AO write out of the case structure, it misses every other trigger.urgent help needed.

-shiv
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,938 Views)
Hello;

The way that you have structured your DAQ tasks is not the most appropriate one. By having the AI Confing, AI Start, AI CLear, AO Config and AO Clear VIs inside a while loop, you will have a Sofware timed operation.

The fact that you are missing some trigger pulses is probably due to the jittering that is inherent to Software timed systems.

The best way to go about that is to have a hardware timed system controlling the trigger pulses. To accomplish that, you will need to use both general purpose counters of your DAQ board.

You will have the first counter configured as retriggerable pulse generation and the second counter as pulse train generation. Then, you connect the external trigger pulse to the first counter gate, and its output to the secon
d counter gate.

The you can use the second counter output as the AI Start Scan and AO Update pulses.

That will give you a trully hardware timed operation.

Hope this helps.
Filipe A.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,937 Views)
Filipe,
On the BNC-2090 connector box I can only see Ctr0OUT and Ctr1OUT.I assume these are just output pins. How can I connect the external trigger pulse to the first counter's gate ?
thanks for the help.

Shiv
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,938 Views)