From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is NI SBRIO 9642XT power connector J3 negative terminal internally connected to ground lug and plated mounting holes

Solved!
Go to solution

i have an SBRIO system with an isolated power supply

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/375052c.pdf

on page 15 , it says all ground connections AI, AO, D GND are internally connected to earth ground lug,

is the power connector J3's negative terminal also connected to earth ground internally ?

i have a system assembled on a aluminuim enclosure which has the earth ground connection , and also the power supply that is used to power the sbrio gives out isolated voltage, but now if the J3 power connector's negative terminal has internal connection with the holes and ground lug, how can i use my isolated power supply whose negative terminal is not connected to the earth ground, its main AC power supply has the earth ground connection not the DC output.

i am unable to open the sbrio board from my system at this time to check directly.

can some one please help if the J3 power onnector's negative -ve terminal is internally connected to the ground lug and mounting holes.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,147 Views)

any one know the answer?

NI app engineer or some one who has an sbrio and a multimeter, plz help

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,140 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author freemason

Hi freemason,

I believe I just sent you an email regarding this, but to confirm, yes, connector J3 is connected to earth ground internally. You should still be able to use your power supply for the sbRIO.

Best,

Dan N

Applications Engineer

National Instruments 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,135 Views)