cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

interfacing usb cameras to sbRIO

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

We have a humanoid robot that has Dynamixel motors for its hand movement and high definition usb camera for the eyes. I want to build a real time control of the robot to mimic the hand movements of a human. For this I am using sbRIO 9633 which has FPGA and realtime processor. My first task is to get the images from the usb cameras of the eyes into the sbRIO to do image processing and extract the skeletal co-ordinates. My questions are as follows

(a) Are there any drivers already existing for usb cameras that can be installed in sbRIO to get the images or video streaming?

(b) Has anyone written drivers for any depth measurement devices like XBOX Kinect for any embedded target (I found for Windows)?

(b) Can the usb port be controlled through FPGA or is the usb port interfaced directly with real time processor?

(c) Any help in aquiring images using sbRIO to perform real time control is appreciated.

Thanks

Lohith

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(7,359 Views)

Hey Lohith,

I work more closely with your sbRIO and FPGA products than I do with our vision products but I might be able to be of some assistance. 

I can answer with confidence you third question. The USB port on the sbRIO is not routed through the FPGA so it is interfaced exclusively through the RT side of things.

I will get in touch with some of my colleagues that work closely with out Vision and Motion products and see if I can come up with some good answers for your other questions. 

Regards,

Doug B

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 2 of 7
(7,345 Views)

Thank you Dough. Is there a possibility of interfacing NI cameras like GigE to sbRIO through the usb port? Some how I need vision in sbRIO to proceed with my project.

Thanks

Lohith.

Graduate Student.

University of Texas at Arlington

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(7,342 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lohith

Hi Lohith,

So the two cameras that will work with the sbRIO are Basler and Axis IP cameras. The following KnowledgeBase has more information. Does this help answer your question?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/33131C00626C5B6E8625788D00025FC1

Ravi A.
National Instruments | Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(7,324 Views)

Thanks Ravi

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(7,311 Views)

I like to use usb drive for logging data instead of usb camera mentioned in this post any help will be greatly appreciated 

Thanks 

Tejas Kumar

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,852 Views)

@tejas14 wrote:

I like to use usb drive for logging data instead of usb camera mentioned in this post any help will be greatly appreciated 

This is a completely unrelated question (except for the word USB), so please start a new thread.

The current thread is 2 years old and already marked as solved!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,846 Views)