cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to use usb web camera on sbrio 9636

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I want to use logitech C170 web camera on single board rio sbRIO9636 for vision perception. 

a)Is this camera supported by sbRIO9636, page on http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/33131C00626C5B6E8625788D00025FC1 shows that IP Camera manufactured by Basler and Axis are supported.

b)Is there any drivers should be installed on sbRIO and where could I find the drivers?

c)Is there any examples for usb camera video capture?

The software installed in sbRIO9636 is displayed as the pictures show:

3.png4.png

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(11,006 Views)
Solution
Accepted by percy222

You will not be able to use a USB camera on a LV RT target.

Chris
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(11,002 Views)

Thanks. I hope usb camera could be used on LV RT target in future.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(10,993 Views)

Hi PackersFan,

Why is it that we cannot use a USB camera with a LV R Target?

Thanks,

Dhruv.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(10,386 Views)

LabVIEW interfaces to web cameras through a standard called DirectShow.  This is a standard interface developed and maintained by Windows Microsoft (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DirectShow).  Many webcams support this interface which is why LabVIEW uses it and can work with so many web cameras.

Since this standard is not available on RT, LabVIEW RT cannot communicate with web cams.

Chris
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(10,377 Views)

One can use USB cameras on RT targets, however not general USB web cameras like the one percy222 mentions (for the reason Chris referred to). However, there are specific USB3 Vision models supported by the IMAQdx drivers that will work. You can see a list of those here:

Additional information is provided here.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(8,783 Views)