From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to use SCC-ICP01 module in signal conditioning

"I am trying to use SC-2345 signal conditioning for accelerometer sensor output. I chose module SCC-ICP01 module. Based on the manule of this module, i should connect pin 1 and 3,2 and 4 together. But after following this, DAQ board can't read anything. If i only give the sensor output to pin 1 and 2, DAQ can read the value. Does anybody have such experience? Which connection way is correct?"
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,869 Views)
Hello;

Pins 3 and 4 of the ICP01 have the purpose of connecting the ICP chip sensor to an on board current source.

Maybe your sensor already has a current source, so when you connect it to pins 3 and 4, both currents actuate, creating a different current value that makes the sensor stop working.

Another possibility is that the module is damaged, however, since you can see good readings when connecting to pins 1 and 2, I don't think the module is bad.

Hope this helps.
Filipe A.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 2 of 2
(2,869 Views)