Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can i transfer the icons which are available in host vi, but not in fpga?

Hi.. I am using pci5640r fpga card...i want to design a filter in fpga..for that i designed the filter in the host and generated fpga code for that, using ' labview fpga code ' block...(since filter designing itself is not directly supported in fpga).but i want to do upsampling after the filtering...that also to be done in fpga..but the upsampling block is not supported in fpga vi...that is available only in the host vi...so what should we do?

kindly reply if anyone knows

thanks...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,405 Views)

Well, whatever is not supported on the FPGA VI will not work directly. You will have to find a way to work around it and, if are not able to, then transfer the data points to the host and perform the analysis over there. Have a look at the examples that are provided in the example finder and go through this article which talks about ways in which you can transfer data between the FPGA and host VI:

Transferring Data between the FPGA and the Host VI

Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,389 Views)
thanx for ur reply..actually what i meant is , for example,to find the " sin " and " cos " functions of an input, that blocks are available in host vi, but not in fpga.So is there any corresponding block in fpga vi? or we should do it in manually?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,351 Views)
I have already addressed that concern above. I would recommend that you have a look at IPNet; they have IP to calculate sine and cosine.
Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,349 Views)

thanks very much...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,320 Views)