From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can I control NI6071E DAQ card in the same host.vi (simultaneously use cRIO & NI6071E)?

how can I control NI6071E DAQ card in the same host.vi (to simultaneously use cRIO & NI6071E)?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,584 Views)

Hello there! I am happy to help you out with this one “carsale”, however, I am going to require some more information from you.

Where exactly is this host.vi running? Is the NI6071E a PCI card? If so, is it contained within the same PC as the host.vi?

As you may already be aware, when you create a cRIO system you will have a multitiered heirachy of vis. At the highest level you have a “host” vi running on the PC. But you also have arealtime vi (technically a host) running on the cRIO controller. You also have a vi “running” on the FPGA back plane.

Please see the attached picture to help picture this.If the host.vi you speak of is the vi on the PC - you will almost certainly be able to communicate with the DAQ card and the cRIO from within the same vi. It would be as easy as separating the tasks and implementing a couple of parallel loops.

Best wishes,

Message Edited by RER on 08-14-2008 10:01 AM
Rich Roberts
Senior Marketing Engineer, National Instruments
Connect on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/richard-roberts-4176a27b/
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,572 Views)

Thanks so much for your reply.

Actually, once I put DAQ assistant in my host.vi, the error message came out. No matter how I configured DAQ assistant, no way to make 6071E work. (it is a PCI card). So, what shall I do? 

Thanks once again

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,559 Views)

Hello again,

Thanks for your reply. You previous message implies that you are able to acquire from the card using the DAQ assistant from within other VIs. Is this the case?

What is the code associated with the error? Perhaps you could post your host.vi on to the forum, and I could take a quick look.

Best wishes,

Rich Roberts
Senior Marketing Engineer, National Instruments
Connect on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/richard-roberts-4176a27b/
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,547 Views)