From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hardware triggered acquisition into a DMA FIFO?

I have a cRIO with a 9205 32 channel analog input card. Can I set it up so that I can trigger off one of the analog channels, then dump XX amount of readings into the FIFO and up to the RT controller?

I'm trying to sort of simulate a scope but I don't need the super high speeds. I'm capturing two channels.  I just want to capture a window of data but I need to trigger off one of the channels. Does the cRIO offer this in the FPGA or do I need to do some type of software trigger?

Jeff

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,072 Views)

Hey Jeff, 

There are quite a few ways of doing this in FPGA. You can either use a Select function or a case structure along with a comparison function to set a desired value at which you would like your analog input to trigger the next step of acquisition. The comparison function will output a Boolean value that will trigger a case or a select, depending on your parameters.

Message Edited by Aashish_M on 08-14-2008 02:29 AM
Aashish M
CEO
TransferFi
www.transferfi.com
Message 2 of 3
(3,057 Views)

Thanks Aashish, that sounds like something I can do quite easily. I will give it a try!

Jeff

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,052 Views)