Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fpga

Solved!
Go to solution

I am using Compact rio 9004 controller , Crio-9104 FPGA chasis, and AO 9265 data card. The Ao data card has a current output and the manual says that it has a minimum current output of  20mAmp.

But I need to take the output so current which could vary with the quantity that is varying in my system, i.e. I want my output current to vary linearly as my value of the output increases.

Is it possible using this AO module 9265?

Thank You

Vinayak Rao

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,724 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author vinayak1011

@vinayak1011 wrote:

The Ao data card has a current output and the manual says that it has a minimum current output of  20mAmp.

But I need to take the output so current which could vary with the quantity that is varying in my system, i.e. I want my output current to vary linearly as my value of the output increases.

That module has a MAX output of 20mA.  To be more exact, this module is meant for industrial settings where current is used (4-20mA typically) instead of voltage for analog signals since it is more noise tolerant.  You tell the module to output 4mA, and it will attempt to drive 4mA.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 2
(3,721 Views)