Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ethercat master adapter does not exist on target controller

I'm working on getting an existing program to work on a new computer with LabVIEW 2016, and when I try to run the program, I have the following conflict resolution box pop up:

conflict resolution box.PNG

The error reads: "The EtherCAT master adapter does not exist on the target controller. There are three possible reasons:
1:The NI-IndCom for EtherCAT software is not installed on the target: Use Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX) to install the software.
2:No adapter is configured for EtherCAT: Configure the adapter in Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX), and make sure one of the Ethernet adapters is configured to EtherCAT mode.

3:Offline adapter: Go to the properties page and change the adapter to an existing adapter or remove the master item from the project tree, and try again.

Checking MAX, I see this:

max screenshot.PNG

I'm not sure if that means I'm connected or not. I've tried right clicking on "network devices", but I'm not able to find anything to connect with that way.

I'm also able to communicate through the command prompt (although this is a different IP address than what is shown in NiMAX):

ethernet device communication.PNG

Do you have any thoughts on what I could try next for troubleshooting?

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,896 Views)

Can you please provide the snapshot of the "Network Settings" Tab in MAX? Let me help you check your EtherCAT settings.

Message 2 of 4
(2,890 Views)

Hi, I was able to get help from someone I know who is good with network connections. It had to do with finding the correct device IP address, and connecting to that. Unfortunately, I don't understand the details enough to post a solution. Thanks for your time, and my apologies.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,831 Views)

No worries. Glad to hear that your problem is solved.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,826 Views)