Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

double buffering scheme using PCI-6023E in Visual C++

Hi everyone! I would appreciate if anyone can provide me with solution/advice in dealing with the double-buffering method in VC++ codes using a PCI-6023E card.
I have a VC++ program using the NI-DAQ functions which performed double buffering scheme. It works fine with the PCI-MIO-16E-1 card. But when I replaced the card with a PCI-6023E card. The program hanged up right at the event message for "notifying half-buffer-ready".
The objective of the application is to acquire 1600 samples per data channel (I am using three channels) at sampling rate of 40KHz. Double buffering scheme is required because the system generates 120,000 samples per second. Therefore, Polling scheme will not meet the requirement. (Actua
lly I have the Polling application running both in the PCI-MIO-16E-1 and PCI-6023E cards, the data density cannot meet the requirements).
Any suggestion is welcomed.
Thanks.
tchung.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,039 Views)
Hello;

The best start point for you is to run one of the NI-DAQ shipping examples with the 6023E of yours, to test if the board is presenting some sort of hardware failure, or if there is something wrong on your code.

You can find a good example at C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI-DAQ\Examples\VisualC\Ai; pick the one named DAQdoubleBuff.c.

Hope this helps.
Filipe A.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,039 Views)