cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

difficulty with webDAV to transfer file to RT

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi  John,

I'm not sure why you are focussing on file "permissions" when my reported error is "file does not exist", and I keep asking how to specify the file name correctly.  However, on my Windows system all users do have file read permission which is presumably what is required for my task of reading the file and copying it to RT Linux.  What other permsission could we play with?

On your question of where is the server, I also find that curious, but I see that LabVIEW allows me to run WebDAV on the RT, and also there is SimpleGet and SimplePut which take files in both directions, so it seems like the functionality is being exposed, and I have a program that runs but gives me error 7.  The help for error 7 says maybe I typed the filename wrong, it does not go into file permission for example.

Again, my inquiry is trying to center on, what actual filename expressions should be used?  Or else, why is it not possible to achieve this particular function that appears to be exposed?

Thanks,

Jesse

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(2,447 Views)

Is it because you have the server setup on the desktop and not on the RT?   I am looking at the WebDAV VI's help as well as the FTP VI's help and they all seem to be documented from the perspective of handling the File transfer from the host computer.  I also have not been able to find an example of the WebDAV VI being used on an RT system even though you can use them in a VI.  

Is it pertinent to your application that you use them on the RT, or could you send an update to the Host Computer so trigger the file transfer?

-Bear 

Regards,

Ben Johnson
ʕง•ᴥ•ʔง
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(2,425 Views)

I think you are right that running WebDAV on MyComputer is much more accessible, it looks easier to find a workaround to trigger WebDAV and let it run on MyComputer, than it is to run webDAV on the RT, which at first looked like a nice simple approach to me.  I opened a support ticket to look into whether it is or is not feasible to run on the RT, will update this thread when results come in.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(2,423 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JesseBuck

Here is the update from NI Tech Support:

we're fairly sure now that you aren't able to directly  use WebDAV in
the way that you're intending- mainly since you would have to set  up the RIO
as the WebDAV client, and there doesn't seem to be a way to do this

So apparently the difficulty is more fundamental than simply needing the right file identifiers.  Oh well, it's working on MyComputer so I have the needed capability with a minor workaround added.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(2,415 Views)

Hello, I have been using the sbRIO9637 as a mapped network drive in the normal way, I followed the KB article and turned off "detect settings automatically" in Internet Explorer.  The connection works but I often have long delays writing files that are wasting a lot of time.  Also in Windows Explorer if I expand the mapped drive letter for the RIO, sometimes there is a long delay while the progress bar goes along the top, other times it pops up with the list of folders.  Also I am using 2 different RIOs as mapped drives in case that matters.  I have tried turning off the firewall, turning down antivirus scanning, and also disabled indexing offline files, also rebooting and reconnecting the drives.  If anyone has an idea about eliminating this delay I would appreciate it.  Sorry about tagging this question onto an old thread but I couldn't seem to find another way to post a question.

Thanks,

Jesse

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(1,493 Views)