From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dhcp Server on RT Linux cRIO

Hi!

Did anyone run a dhcp Server on a RT Linux cRIO?

In our laboratory, we have direct lan connections betwenn the cRIOs and the Windows PC. Because the Windows and of course our IT restrictions causes many network issues i would like to set up a DHCP server on the cRIOs, that do no net need to reconfigure the windows systems. Local link is not an option to me, because the Windows needs to identify the network in any way to set it to an "home" enviroment. If it "public" our IT restictions block every communication.

Regards Tobias

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,105 Views)

HI,

do I understand correctly that you want your PC to obtain an IP address which you provide from your cRIO as DHCP server?

So your PC is in no other network?

Is static IP address an option?

Best,

Anna

Anna Vogl
Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,082 Views)

Hi,

yes you understand right. My PCs have two network cards. One wich is connected to the companys network and a second one which is connected directly to the cRIO. At the moment I'm using static IP adresses on PC and on cRIO.

For me it would be helpfull to have a DHCP Server running on the cRIO that the PC gets it's address automatically.

Kind Regards,

Tobias

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,079 Views)

There is a dhcp-server package in the opkg repo: "opkg update"; "opkg list | grep dhcp" and then "opkg install" the package you want, like dhcp-server. I've never tried it but online resources for it (like https://www.isc.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/DHCP-4.3.1-Distribution-Documentation-Aug-4-14.pdf maybe?) should apply to NI Linux RT.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,962 Views)

Hi

I know it was a while ago, but how did you get on with this problem? Did you manage to deploy an open-source DHCP server on NI Linux?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,591 Views)

any updates?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,422 Views)