cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

crio online connect

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am new in CRIO application. I am writing progrrame in FPGA and real time. CRIO is installed for data collection using acclerometer. I want to access CRIO online. I dont l=know how to proceed. I have configured IP adress that is local. I am wondering the same ip adress will be accesible over internet or i have to set some other configuration.

Thanks and regards

Guru Prakash

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,249 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author gprakash66

You need to tell us more about your netowrk configuration. Are you on a private network behind a router or on some corporate network?

If you are on a private networ, you need to forward the correct ports on the router, thne connect to the public router IP address when coming from the outside.

If you are on a company network, you need to talk to the firewall administrator, because most connections from the outside will be blocked for security reasons.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,247 Views)

Thanks Knight. I am in University of waterloo and on university network. Perhaps i need to talk to Administrator. Does the same IP address (of CRIO) that is working for local computer will work over the LAN. Will i need to change somthing in MAX. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,241 Views)

Does the cRIO have a public or private IP address?

See also this related idea that would make things easier.

Another possibility would be to use VPN or some other method to gain access to the local network (e.g. chrome remote desktop).

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,236 Views)